Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Week 13 Assignment - I will finish this bathroom too...I WILL, I WILL, I WILL!!!

So here I am...back in the bathroom again!!  (For the proper effect, say that phrase to the tune of "Back in the Saddle Again".)  But I'm confident this weeks project won't turn into my Week 13 Assignment as well.  How can I be so sure, you ask?  Well, because I'm sick and tired of it being half done!  Plus, I'm giving myself a smaller assignment!!  And if I finish it, I'm going to get started on my assignment for the next week.  Sneaky, I know...but I am a little gun shy after my last assignment.  :)

So what am I going to do this week??  I'm going to install the trim around the bathtub that I promised WEEKS AGO! I found this "Miter-less Trim" at Home Depot and am going to use it to frame in the tub surround...and cover up all the drywall damage we have.



And I'm using some of the things I've learned along the way to make sure it goes smoothly.  House of Fara who makes the trim has a great tutorial section on their website, so I'm going to use their "How to Install Window Trim" tutorial as a guide.  And since the Glidden Trim Paint I have come to love takes FOREVER to dry, I'm going to paint the trim after I install it.  I know it goes against my husband's (and probably everyone else's) recommendation, but since there still isn't room in the garage to paint it in place I'm going for it! I'm going to use the tips I found on Ask Anna to make sure my paint lines are perfect so hopefully the hubs won't be able to say "I told you so!"  And the best part??  I get to play with power tools again!!  :)  Wish me luck!!  See you next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment