Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 5 Assignment - More Organization and Power Tool Fun

After last weeks DIY-a-thon, I think I'm going to take it easy this week...but I still have a couple of projects up my sleeve!

First, I'm going to get rid of the charger cord disaster that is my kitchen counter thanks to an idea I found on Pinterest from Better Homes and Gardens.
The bread box they show in the picture retails for around $70...and I couldn't find another stainless steel one that didn't look HUGE, so off to eBay I went and found this little wonder.
I'm hoping I can sand it and stain it the color of our kitchen cabinets...maybe with a little black glaze just for fun.  Wish me luck!

I'm also going to take advantage of my good friend Tracy and her power tools again to make this planter box from Shanty 2 Chic for my kitchen window sill.
There's a pretty funny story behind this one!  One of my closest friends, Terri, made a comment to Tracy (Bob Vila with Boobs) at my birthday party a couple of weeks back that it wasn't fair that I got to take advantage of all of Tracy's Built-It-Yourself-Talents because I lived closer to Tracy than she did.  So Tracy, being Tracy, offered to help both of us build this when she saw we both pinned it on Pinterest.  Final result of the conversation...Terri is coming down with her kids on Friday for a dual play date at my house!  Her kids and mine will play with eachother while Terri, Tracy and I play with saws!  :)  I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I'm giddy!! I can pucture nothing else but this beautiful planter box on my mantel in the living room every time I walk by.

    ReplyDelete