Monday, February 13, 2012

Week 7 Assignment - Kindergarten "Homework"

 As some of you already know, my son, Bradan, is on the waiting list for the Mandarin Immersion Kindergarten next fall through our school district.  We are supposed to find out this Friday if they will be adding a second class and if he has a spot.  We have been on pins and needles since we found out we didn't win the "lottery" for a spot in the first class last December.  There are two things that adding the second class are contingent upon - 1) finding a teacher and 2) FUNDING!!  Since there was really nothing I could do to help with finding a teacher, I decided to focus my efforts on the latter.  I volunteered to make pillowcase dresses for an upcoming fundraiser and I need to turn them in this Friday.  Nothing like procrastination!!  :)  But no worries, I have an amazing pattern with detailed instructions I found on Etsy a couple of years back that have helped me become a Pillowcase Dress Diva!  She now has her EZ Pillowcase Dress patterns on her own website and I can tell you it's well worth the $4.99 for the pattern!  Here are some of my past creations...

My plan is to make sets with a dress in size 6 and a matching doll dress.  I promised two sets but I'm hoping I can sew like the wind and make three of four.  Let's hope this week is a better week for naps!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment